I’m an experienced teacher/trainer with over 30 years of experience as a photographer covering a wide range of genres, plus I have a first-class honours degree in photography. I can offer workshops for small groups and bespoke photography teaching on a 1-2-1 basis, from something for beginners to more advanced techniques, whether for amateur, student or professional. Here are some examples of what I offer:
Workshops – An Introduction to…
- The Basics of Photography – Including camera controls and the basic principles of photography of exposure, aperture, shutter speed and how to use these creatively – 4 evenings
- Studio Portrait Lighting – Including metering, hard and soft light, contrast, lighting modifiers, single and multiple lights and controlling window light – day
- Shooting 35mm Black and White Film – evening
- Developing 35mm Black and White Film – evening
- Botanical Prints – 2 evenings
- Printing with Alternative Processes – Including cyanotypes and salt prints – COMING SOON
I believe teaching should equip you with the skills to go away and practice in order to consolidate the learning. With that in mind my workshops avoid the portfolio building type photo shoots and instead focus on you being able to build your own portfolio at a later stage using what you have learnt. Any photos taken on the workshops are more for reference than for display.
Introductory prices for all workshops throughout May and June.
Please book via Eventbrite using the links below. AN INTRODUCTION TO…
If you would need to learn something more specific or prefer more personal tuition, then I can offer 1-2-1 sessions at my studio. All 1-2-1 sessions are followed up by ongoing support by Facebook message or email to discuss progress and offer feedback. If required, either provide your own model or I can arrange one at reasonable fees.
Please get in touch to discuss your requirements and we can see whether I am able to help you.
Price £100 for 2 hours, then £50 per additional hour.
Terms and conditions apply.
Please Make an Enquiry to discuss your requirements.