I have over 30 years of experience as a photographer covering a wide range of genres and I offer photography workshops for small groups or on a 1-2-1 basis.
Workshop for Beginners – Introduction to Photography
If you are not getting the best from your DSLR or Mirrorless camera then I can explain your camera controls and introduce you to the basic principles of photography of exposure, aperture, shutter speed and ISO. We can look at how to use these creatively and the effect they have with demonstration and hands-on practical exercises.
- Understanding Your Camera: Focusing, modes, white balance, metering, raw and jpeg
- Understanding Exposure: ISO, aperture, shutter speed
- Creative camera control: Shutter speed, aperture
- Understanding Lenses: Wide angle, standard and telephoto, zoom v prime, choosing the right lens, using lenses for effect
- Introduction to Composition: What to include or exclude, backgrounds, contrast, what is pleasing, angles
*A DSLR (digital single lens reflex), Mirrorless or CSC (compact system camera) will be required.
1-2-1 Workshops – Tailored Training
I also offer a more tailored workshop experience for individuals, customised for your specific needs and requirements. We would have conversations prior to the sessions to establish where you are with your photography, what you are looking to achieve, whether it’s suitable for you and for us to agree what I can offer and how it’s delivered. Several short sessions with time to consolidate learning in between may be preferable to one longer session. Also included would be online support after the event to make sure you’re able to put things into practice.
Sessions at my studio are charged by the hour, with discounts for multiple session, half or full day bookings.
Find Out More
Please give me a call or drop me an email to discuss your requirements.